Unforgettable Days

Royal Audience at Tashichoedzong courtyard

Tuesday, 29th May, 2012 was the day that came like a dream in my life. I don’t know whether to call it to be my fortune or my faith. Having got an opportunity to get an audience from their Majesties, His Majesty the King of Bhutan, His Majesty the king Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuk and Her Majesty the queen, Gyaltshuen Jetsun Pema Wangchuk in the golden throne room in TashiChoe Dzong.

There were 69 scholars who went for further studies viz. 23 to Royal Thimphu College, 23 to different parts of India and 23 to Bangkok. His Majesty said to us ” You are not alone, I am there to help you all.” “Don’t compare yourself to your friends who just study for their qualifications, but you all have to think and look-after your families, parents, relatives and moreover hunt for job.” “I have known that the poor students I have sent before are excelling in all rounds, so i expect the same from all of you too.”

The words from His Majesty were so magical and powerful which really touched my heart and let my tear roll down as I continue listening to it. As His Majesty spoke to us Her Majesty stood near him and I was extremely overwhelmed, happy, fortunate to see how the couple must be.
Long Live the King and Queen of Bhutan.

0 comments: