My Journey

I was admitted in Pre-primary in my village school in 1997. Walking in the rain and in the scorching sun while going to the school was really difficult and memorable for me. The school was about one hour walk from my home. Waking up early in the morning and preparing the journey for the school was the stereotypical way of life for people living in the remote. Silambi community Primary School was only the school in the village which admits all the children in the village.


It has been the tradition or custom that the teachers have to go door to door asking for the parents to admit their child to the school. The people in the villages could see nothing more than what happened in their village. Thought of every member of a family to depend upon agricultural and domestic products always lingered in the minds of every family. So, it was really tough for the teachers to even to get students to be admitted in the school. The same was what really happened in my life.


I was innocent during my early age as it would be for all the students. I just thought getting education was to go to the school early in the morning, to listen to the teachers, to play and to return back home. The success in my life shone in my early learning itself. I did well in all the activities assigned to me.

The year 2001 was a very challenging year for me. I had to leave my family and leave to Nagor Lower Secondary School, a day walk from my village. It was the first time in my life to leave my family and go to the boarding school at the age of ten. The days and nights without a mother caring aside, without a father to give an advice, without brothers and sisters to pass time was quite a new experience in the journey of my life.

In addition to that the school being very remote the students had to collect fire woods for the teachers and for the school kitchen. Students ranging from classes four to eight are compulsorily sent to collect fire woods and other necessary forest products. I too had no any other option than to join the other friends. But I don’t want to complain to my beloved teachers. They too had no other options being in the most remote school. We served our teachers and I am proud even these days.

I excelled in every field while in the primary schools too. Though from a very remote village, I took an advantage of that and strive to gain all the life-related skills from the teachers and from laymen.
In 2006 I was placed in Gyelpozhing Higher Secondary School. I completed my plus two in Gyelpozhing Higher Secondary School, Mongar in the academic session 2009. I was awarded as the hardworking and the sincere student while in the school.

I have pursued Bachelors in Computer Application in Royal Thimphu College, the first private college in the country.I am awarded as a Government Scholarship under ICUGS (In-Country Under Graduate Scholarship) scheme by Department of Adult and Higher Education. My mission as a college student and moreover as a government scholarship student was to show the best example for others and to be the best and always strive for that only.

I always had a dream of doing something different, something magical and something memorable.My aim was in the field of engineering or in law. I was not selected for the ex-country scholarships. Though really upset and sentimental for not being selected for further studies. I got a chance in RTC as a scholar.

I have pursued my Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration in Royal Institute of Management after having selected from Bhutan Civil Service Examination. With much loyalty and utmost dedication I have strive to learn and grab everything that will be later beneficial to the public service from the profound lecturers of Royal Institute of Management. I owe my sincere and heartfelt gratitude and respect for all my professors in RIM

After the completion of PGDPA in RIM we had to go under vigorous competition for the placements in the circle of the civil service of Bhutan. Luckily I had an option to select the position that I am interested in. I chose to be in one of the autonomous government agencies of Bhutan - Centre of Bhutan Studies & GNH Research. I am placed in the Policy Division of the Agency. I work as an Assistant Research Officer and I have full hope and expectation that the post will let me to liberate me in enlightening the truth of the life. Moreover, I have so much thirst to serve my King, Country and People and I have full hope that my agency and the post will quench my thirst.

5 comments:

Sangay Duba said...

Inspiring journey...Goodluck Bro!!

Dawa Kelzang said...

I am really proud of you brother. You did it. Please bear in mind that hard is never unrewarded. Doesn't matter how you started you journey. Always cherish it and if possible, learn from it. But the most important thing is keep going, with the waves of Karma, and with utmost dedication to what ever you do. Good luck. I know you can do better and be best.

SONAM RIGSEL DORJI said...

Bro....It gave me immense pleasure and happiness to see you read my blog and have your comments here. Thanks Bro. I have much hope and expectations from you to help me in giving each and every piece of advice like this for me. I promise you that I will bear each and every word of yours and work in accordance with it bro. KADRENCHE BRO

World Traveller said...

Nice blog. I came to bhutan in 2011. If i come next time, then wish to meet people like you. Nice work